Hong Kong is one of my favourite cities, it has a mysterious charm by night and by day it is a bustling city with so much to see and do it's overwhelming! An abundance of cultural inspiration and a curious mix of east and west that works so seamlessly.
I first went to Hong Kong with Mum when I was in my early teens and I was blown away by the skyline and landscape. One of my first water colour skyline paintings is of Hong Kong which I also still have and love comparing to the modern city scape now!
Here are my Top 10 things to do in Hong Kong:
1. Sevva Bar - An absolute must for an evening drink, overlooking the harbor and city skyline. Amazing!
2. Victoria Peak - The top of Hong Kong, breathtaking 360-degree views of the island and surroundings.
3. Din Tai Fung - Delicious dumplings and other treats, don't be afraid of the line to get in it moves insanely fast!
4. Stanley Market - Always great fun and it is quite a scenic journey to get there. Fab places to eat as well!
5. Star Ferry - Take a Ferry across the harbor, amazing views from the water of both sides of the harbor.
6. IFC Mall - Hong Kong is renowned for shopping and IFC won't disappoint, all the big names and incredibly trendy!
7. LKF (Lan Kwai Fong) - Bars, restaurants, cafes and shopping. Always a blast and gets a little cheeky..
8. Disney Land - For a little bit of fun and for the kids..
9. Felix at The Penisula Hotel - Class, class, class! Have a bubble overlooking Hong Kong harbor.
10. Tim Ho Wan - Dumpling heaven, try the pork buns!! Again don't be afraid of the line.
* Image source - http://www.bestwesternhotelharbourview.com